Welcome to the
PUMPKIN SEED PROJECT 2017
Project Dates: October 22 - 31, 2017
This project is open to ALL PreK to 3rd grade classrooms World Wide.
This project is hosted by Jennifer Wagner ~ ProjectsByJen.com
1. Please save or print out the information sheet.
2. Purchase a small pumpkin (1 - 5 lb) .
(You are welcome to purchase more than 1 pumpkin and compare the seeds in each.
However, when submitting results, post one pumpkin count at a time.)
3. Students will estimate how many seeds will be in the pumpkin.
4. Teacher and students will open the pumpkin, scoop out seeds, and count.
5. Class will compare their guesses with final actual pumpkin seed count.
6. Teacher & class will submit results to an online form. (results can be posted from 10/26 to 11/1)
7. Teacher & class will be able to view and download submitted data to use in class to extend math learning.
8. Teachers & class are encouraged to use activity ideas.
9. Students are invited to participate in a "PUMPKIN FASHION SHOW" where the classroom can submit STUDENT CREATED (drawn or carved) pumpkins. These images can be added to our shared google slideshow.
You also might wish to take pictures throughout the project and add them to your own wiki, blog, etc.
10. If you wish to collaborate with another class -- via skype, email, google hangouts, etc....you are welcome to indicate that when you register for this project.
Join our mailing list to be notified when new projects begin by clicking HERE!